Current Agricultural Use Value (CAUV):
- Allows the county auditor to value farmland at its crop production value rather than its highest and best use value.
- Encourages farmers to keep farming and producing food which benefits us all.
- Any tract of agricultural land of 10 acres or more which has been devoted exclusively to agricultural commercial use for the last three years is eligible.
- A smaller tract may also qualify if the tract produced a gross income of $2,500 or more from sales of agricultural commercial products during each of the previous three years.
- Multiple parcels may be combined in order to meet eligibility as long as the deeds are titled in precisely the same name(s).
- Applicants must pay a one-time $25 enrollment fee, then renew without cost annually before the first Monday in March.
Apply for / Renew CAUV
Apply for CAUV (PDF) or Renew your CAUV (PDF).