Destroyed Property

Damage to either real property or manufactured homes must be reported to us at the county auditor's office in order for you to receive tax relief on next year's taxes. Damage resulting from either demolition or natural disasters such as fire, tornado, or flooding can be reported. Landlords may report damage caused by tenants. Tax relief is extended according to the following schedule. Print an application for Valuation Deduction for Destroyed or Damaged Real Property (PDF).

Deductions by Calendar Quarter

Calendar Quarter in Which Property Was DamagedApplication DeadlinePercentage Deduction Allowed
January through MarchDecember 31100%
April through JuneDecember 3175%
July through SeptemberDecember 3150%
October through DecemberJanuary 3125%