- Elected Officials
- Homestead Exemption
As your county auditor, I want to do all I can to assist everyone in understanding their Ohio property tax
This page contains information about the Homestead Exemption Program. Applications for the program can be found here.
- Senior Citizens, Disabled Persons and Surviving Spouses (PDF)
- Disabled Veteran and Surviving Spouses (PDF)
- Surviving Spouses of Public Service Officers Killed in the Line of Duty (PDF)
If you have additional questions, please call at 419-592-1956. If you would like to stop by the office, we are available Monday thru Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Our office is located at 660 N. Perry Street in Napoleon.
If you know someone who might qualify for this program, please share this information with them.
- Who is eligible for the homestead exemption?
- What is meant by the term "permanently and totally disabled"?
- How do I show proof of age?
- When does the new Homestead Exemption start?
- What is the deadline to apply?
- Does the homestead exemption have an effect on other real estate tax reductions that I am presently receiving?
- I already receive the homestead exemption. Do I have to reapply to receive benefits under the new program?
- For estate planning purposes, I placed the title to my property in a trust. Can I still receive the homestead exemption?
- Will I have to apply every year to receive the homestead exemption?
- Where do I find the form to apply?